Monday 10 September 2012

Interview - John Quinlan: Sex, Muscle & Ink


As you know, John Quinlan is a favourite of The Heartthrob Hero Blog. The former professional wrestler turned successful romance cover model and physique competitor was gracious enough to grant us what might be his hottest interview to date. He discusses everything from how he got his start in professional wrestling, the meanings behind his many tattoos, how he got into the fitness world and even the wildest move he's broken out during sex. If you're a fan of John Quinlan, I suggest you brace yourself before delving into the interview. Enjoy!


1. Were you a wrestling fan growing up? Who inspired you to get into wrestling?

John: "Loved it, every Saturday morning was a ritual. I got into professional wrestling back then because at the time everybody kept telling me I looked like professional wrestler Buff Bagwell, which made me make the journey to meet Walter “Killer” Kowalski and train at his school."    

2. What was it like training under Killer Kowalski?

John: "Amazing, the man was a WWF Hall of Famer and legend so of course I was honoured. He became my friend and not many people can say that. "

3. What led to you hanging up your wrestling boots?

John: "For the most part I wanted to take on some new challenges. I was a professional wrestler for about 4 years and at the end I just felt like I wanted something fresh to take on. I went back into my fitness and modelling related project...my true passion. Injuries also sealed the deal as to answering the question whether I wanted to move on."


Keep reading more of the interview and enjoy more pictures after the jump!






4. Has fitness always played a huge role in your life?

John: "Very much so and I think everything I have taken with me from the fitness world has made me a better person in the game of life."

5. What prompted you to decide to compete in bodybuilding? Do you still remember your first contest?

John: "Many told me I had a nice physique from a very young age, so I competed in Junior bodybuilding when I was 23 years old. My first contest was what they call a Tri-State show. It allowed competitors from all the “Tri-States” in my area. I won the Junior class and placed 4th against the big dogs in the open class. It was a great experience."

6. Now you're a successful model. Was your first shoot a fish-out-of-water experience for you?

John: "I had so many “shoots” back in the day while I was training in gyms with my friends that being in front of a camera became enjoyable. My training early on gave me confidence in front of photographers and I just developed from there. It was a nice learning process."



7. What has been your favourite shoot to date?

John: "I don’t have just one, but one that I enjoyed was actually a professional wrestling related shoot with Sandra Kimball over a decade ago. It was on the beach on a perfect sunny day. I didn’t have a care in the world back in those days. Great memories of that one."

8. Are there any photographers that you are looking to work with?

John: "I will work with any photographer out there. We just have to “iron out” some details prior to the shoot and go from there. I am very easy going and professional during my shoots, so it is always a nice experience."

9. A large portion of your visibility comes from your many romance novel covers. How does it feel knowing that you have a legion of fans lusting after your covers?

John: "I am honoured, people tell me not many in the world get selected to be on covers, especially adult themed romance novel covers. I am humbled to be compared to Mr. Grey of ‘50 Shades of Grey’."

10. You've got such a unique look, as you don't tend to see lots of tattoos on fitness or romance cover models. How many tattoos do you have? Have you ever found them to be a hindrance?

John: "I currently have 15 tattoos which are all Oriental and Celtic themed. They all have deep meaning to me.

•Japanese theme half sleeve on upper right arm
•Celtic sun cross on middle upper back
•Tribal bracelet with barbed wire around right wrist
•Kanji "Strength" symbol on inner right forearm
•Kanji "Tranquillity" symbol on inner right forearm
•Celtic high cross with banner on upper left back
•Kanji "Happiness" symbol on upper right back
•Celtic Rock of Cashel cross on upper right back
•Kanji "Hope" symbol on upper left back
•Chrome and black "Godsmack" tribal sun symbol around navel
•"Medusa" theme half sleeve on upper left arm
•Kanji "Courage" symbol on lower left abdomen
•Kanji "Family" symbol inside left wrist
•Tribal shamrock on right ring finger
•Kanji "Perseverance" symbol on right ring finger"



11. Do you get a lot of compliments about your tattoos? Does the ink drive your fans wild?

John: "I do! I have my fair share of them BUT they are all professionally done and I am very meticulous about getting them exactly the way I want. All the lines and shading had to be perfect to say the least. When all was said and done I do have some very nice work. Many women send me mail, mainly about the tattoos on my stomach. The Godsmack symbol with barbed wire around my naval with the Oriental ‘Tranquility’ symbol next to it seems to get their attention. It’s all good to me!"

12. Your fans have seen you in shorts on stage, in underwear and in various costumes on your many covers. Will we ever see you take it all off and go full monty? Do you get many offers?

John: "I have received quite a few offers, although I feel with something like this, all the “stars in the sky” so to speak have to be in the right order for anything to materialize. If one of those stars doesn’t fit then it just doesn’t work. For all the readers out there, as a male model, Playgirl Magazine is on my “bucket list” of things to do. If something could be worked out with them it would be a done deal, yes."

13. What do you consider to be your sexiest feature?

John: "People who know the real me know that I am very humble and never talk about myself, so the answer I can give you here is from feedback in the model world. My chiseled jawline and high cheekbones are my best features as I am told. I have told my physique isn’t too bad either, lol!"



14. What physical qualities turn you on?

John: "I like confidence, a woman who is confident is a real turn on. She knows what she wants and goes right for it. Ideally, I like a woman that has an erotic sexy look, nothing too crazy, but if she has some nice body jewelry and tattoos I will start to really take an interest! When Pamela Anderson wore that gold chain around her waist, I was like a caged animal looking at it, so that is a mega turn on!"

15. Where's your favourite place to make love? Where's the naughtiest place you've done the deed?

John: "In a bed with mirrors. Mirrored headboard and mirrors on the ceiling are ideal, so I can watch everything! A few candles makes for the perfect lighting. Just enhances the pleasure. Naughtiest place was in a public bathroom while people were going in and out! I know, but it had to be done."

16. What's the wildest thing you've done in bed?

John: "Standing vertical 69! Sounds crazy, but until you try it you really don’t know what you are missing!"


17. What do you wear to bed?

John: "Boxers or briefs, either one as I am pretty used to wearing those on camera and off."

18. Are you a believer in foreplay?

John: "100%, it sets the stage for an enhanced sexual encounter and more intense ending!"

19. Do you have any special sexual moves or tricks?

John: "Ideally, I try and keep myself in good condition so my lover is turned on when I strip down. I try to dish out as much pleasure on my partner as possible before going all the way, so taking over is that much easier. This makes doing all the things I want that much easier. Both parties are completely satisfied when all the smoke clears!"

20. How would you describe yourself as a lover? What do you think makes a good lover?

John: "Hmmmm, tough question! I have been told by many I have a bad boy image. Tattoos and a few scars, which give me a look that is a bit harder than the average. Some women have told me they love a guy who has a bad boy image, but is sweet inside and very gentle to be around. I think that is a pretty accurate description of me. The same applies to making love, it reminds me of the book ‘Captive Fantasy’ by Ann Mayburn in which I am the cover model. On the cover I play a prisoner and the theme of the book is that the woman in the book has a fantasy about having great sex with a bad boy prisoner and wants her husband to role play that for her. Women like bad boys, so when it comes to love making that can be a good thing about me and I will use it to my advantage. To make it a great experience, it is all about give and take. One has to respect their lover and know exactly how to please them right from the start or the experience won’t be the best it can be."
21. Lastly, what's next for John Quinlan?

John: "I take everything one day at a time, as big things happen when you least expect them too. I will still continue to model and take on many new and interesting projects that come my way. I was just notified of 2 more books coming out with me as the cover model. ‘Fierce In Fur’ by Celia Kyle and ‘Jessica’s Obsession’ by Taabia Dupree. Both are due out this Fall."

One of John's upcoming covers, Fierce in Fur.

Random Rapid Fire Questions.

1. Strangest request from a fan? My underwear 
2. Best pick-up line? “You look so familiar.”
3. Favourite cheat food? Pizza, extra cheese
4. Favourite aphrodisiac? Chocolate
5. WWE or TNA? TNA
6. Cologne of choice? DKNY
7. Favourite piece of workout equipment? Flat bench, it can be used for anything, and I mean anything!
8. Favourite quote? “Sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven”


A huge thank you to John for taking part in the interview and for being such a good sport and so open. There is already talk of a follow up interview to dive even deeper into sex and romance, so stay tuned! You can keep up with John by following him on Twitter @JohnJQuinlan and checking out his official website: http://www.johnquinlan.org and blog: http://irishjohnquinlan.blogspot.com and Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/JohnQuinlanFan





No comments:

Post a Comment